Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons of Liberty is highly thought to be one of the best games out of the Metal Gear Solid series. It was originally released for the PlayStation 2 in 2001 from Konami but can now be played on the PlayStation 3, Xbox, and Xbox 360 as well as the PlayStation 2. The general core of the game is about a massive offshore clean-up facility called the “Big Shell”. The “Big Shell” was taken over by a terrorist group called the “Sons of Liberty”, They want a large ransom so they won’t kill the president or destroy the Big Shell, thereby creating mass damage to the environment. It is your job to figure out who your true ally is, where the motives lie and to neutralize the “Sons of Liberty” terrorist group.
Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons of Liberty Plot
To start the game, you’ll notice a flashback. It takes place two years later from the Shadow Moses incident from the first Metal Gear Solid and gives a basis for the game, (no spoilers!). It results in the Big Shell being built though. As stated above, the Big Shell was created to help clean-up and was taken over by the Sons of Liberty. The leader of the Sons of Liberty claims to be Solid Snake, and they have the president of the United States and several other people captive. You’ve got to figure out what’s going on, stop the president from being killed, and stop the Sons of Liberty from destroying the Big Shell and creating chaos and environmental damage.
Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons of Liberty Characters
- Raiden: The protagonist of Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons of Liberty. He has a girlfriend named Rosemary and is supported by the Colonel, his commanding officer.
- Lt. Junior Grade Iroquois Pliskin: A Navy SEAL with secrets.
- Peter Stillam: A NYPD bomb-disposal expert.
- Otacon: A computer security specialist.
- Deepthroat / Mr. X: A cyborg ninja imitating Gray Fox’s persona.
- Sons of Liberty: The terrorist group that has the Big Shell under their control. Olga Gurlukovish is also helping them as well as Ocelot.
- Vamp: A member of the Dead Cell team, he is immortal and possesses vampire symptoms.
- Fatman: A member of the Dead Cell team, he knows quite a bit about bombs and rollerskates pretty well for a fat guy.
- Fortune: A member of the Dead Cell team, she can cheat death.
Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons of Liberty Gameplay
If you have no clue what “Tactical Espionage Action” is, you aren’t alone. A lot of the game will be you trying to sneak unseen and avoid the enemies looking for you. Metal Gear Solid 2 has a lot more skill options available, as well. This gives you an advantage depending on how well you can learn the different skill sets. There’s also Metal Gear Solid 2 Walkthrough guides scattered around online for those of you who are having difficulties getting trough the Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons of Liberty video game.
Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons of Liberty Graphics
Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons of Liberty was highly praised for its use of detail in the graphics. It especially used the in-game graphics to help move along cut scenes and the graphics were really good for the time the game came out.
Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons of Liberty – Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear was created by Hideo Kojima and was developed and published by Konami. The very first game was released in 1987, simply titled “Metal Gear”. The series branched from there and became widely popular, growing and spreading like wild fire. It has come a very long way since the first game, and who knows what lies ahead?
Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons of Liberty – Konami
Konami is actually the twentieth biggest game company in the world, ranked by revenue. They are a very broad company, with a spectrum in trading cards, anime, slot machines, tokusatsu, video games (of course), even health and fitness clubs in Japan, and various other industries. They’ve created popular games like Castlevania, Dance Dance Revolution, Frogger, Metal Gear, Silent Hill, and Yu-Gi-Oh!. If you’ve never heard of one of their games, you probably aren’t a very big gamer, or a gamer at all for that matter! Some of the most popular games in history have come from Konami.
Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons of Liberty – Soundtrack
Kojima actually ended up deciding to go with Harry Gregson-Williams, a composer from Hans Zimmer’s studio. Gregson-Williams would work based on short descriptions of what was going on, this was how they managed to get past the differences of language and let him work on the score while the cut-scenes were also being worked on. The music in the Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons of Liberty cut scenes has music from an orchestra and choir and there is ambient music while the player is running around. The main element is a bit more electronic than the prequel, which helps show Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons of Liberty has progressed into a world of machines.
- Purchase The PlayStation 3 Slim Or Keep The Long-lived PlayStation 3? - January 3, 2018
- The Top Ten Xbox 360 Games for Teens - January 1, 2018
- Dishonored – Final Ending / Ending Credits – Very Hard – Ghost – All Collectables – All Coins – PS3 - November 3, 2017
- Dishonored – Mission 9: The Light At The End – Very Hard – Ghost – All Collectables – All Coins – PS3 - November 2, 2017
- Dishonored – Mission 8: The Loyalists – Very Hard – Ghost – All Collectables – All Coins – PS3 - November 2, 2017